We work with all sizes and types of organizations with a specialization in healthcare, social services, the not for profit, and community based sector. We have significant experience working for community based organizations with mandates focused on social change and issues of marginalization.
We have created sustainable results in the following types of contexts:
- Organizations just beginning to embark on initiatives to address issues of diversity within the organization.
- Organizations reviewing and/or revising their existing initiatives to address issues of diversity with the organization.
- Organizations responding to a specific issue, incident or challenge related to issues of diversity in the organization.
- Organizations with complex structures and services.
- Organizations with varied levels of diversity within employee and client populations.
- Organizations with interdisciplinary teams and services.
Our client list includes:
- ACT/PWA/BlackCAP – Joint Volunteer Training
- AIDS Committee of York Region – Community Workshops
- AIDS Network of Ontario Skills Building - Educators & Counsellors
- Alzheimer Society of Toronto – Staff
- Association of Ontario Health Centres – Staff & Managers
- Breakaway – Staff & Managers
- Canadian AIDS Society - Board of Directors
- Canadian Cancer Society – Ontario Region, Volunteers & Frontline Staff
- Canadian Cancer Society Leadership Team
- Canadian National Institute for the Blind – Staff & Managers
- Casey House Hospice - Staff Volunteers & Community Education Program
- Comcare – Staff
- Davenport Perth Neighbourhood Center – Staff & Managers
- Delisle Youth Services – Staff & Managers
- District Health Council of York Region - Staff
- Dixon Hall – Staff & Managers
- Dorothy Ley Hospice - Staff
- East End Community Health Center – Board & Staff
- East General Hospital – Nurses
- East York Community Care – Staff
- Health Canada - Equity Representatives
- Nine Circles Health Center (Winnipeg) – Board Managers & Volunteers
- Osler Health Care Center – Food Services and Environmental Services, Staff & Managers
- Scarborough Association of Volunteer Administrators – Volunteer Coordinators
- Sherbourne Health Care Center – Staff & Managers
- Sistering – Staff & Managers
- Sunnybrook Hospital - Community Mental Health Response Team
- Toronto Community Care Access Center - Staff & Managers
- Toronto Pride Day Committee – Board & Volunteers
- Trinity Home Hospice - Board, Staff & Volunteers
- University of Toronto Student Housing and Residence Life – Dons & Residence Advisors
- Volunteer Centre of Toronto – Staff, Managers & Board
- Women’s Health in Women’s Hands – Staff & Managers
- Yellow Brick House Women’s Shelter – Staff & Managers
- York Community Care Access Centre – Staff & Managers
- York Region Community Care Access Centre – Staff & Managers
- York Region Early Intervention Program - Staff
- Yorktown Family Centre – Staff & Managers
I have been working with Gloria and Douglas since October, 2000. Their in-depth knowledge of cultural competence and human rights and their great teamwork results in consistently high-quality sessions. They tailor their material to the unique circumstances of the organization so that it is practical and meets the needs of the individual groups they are working with. Heres just a sampling of what our staff have had to say from recent sessions held with Gloria and Douglas:
"I liked the interaction with peers and examples of discrimination/privilege and relating it in a practical way to our work lives." "Presenters great; clearly presented, simple effective examples." "I liked everything: discussions, different views, examples from everyday life." "It ma
Senior Manager, Organizational Development Toronto Central Community Care Access Centre