What services do you offer?
We offer a variety of services related to increasing the capacity of diverse individuals, organizations and communities to address issues of diversity, equity, access, inclusion and/or oppression. This involves a wide range of training, organizational development and process activities.
How much do you charge for your services?
We have a range of fees depending on if we are working in a corporate, government or not-for-profit context.
What is your location and how far will you travel to work?
We are located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. We will travel globally to work.
How many people can attend your sessions?
We provide one on one coaching and in-house workshops for a minimum of 8 to a maximum of 20 participants.
What model/definition/framework of Cultural Competence are you using?
While our goal is to assist workplaces who require employees to develop competencies (skills, knowledge, values) for working across differences our model of cultural competence is grounded in the understandings
- that culture is complex, dynamic, not static and therefore not always a reliable definer/indicator of peoples beliefs and needs;
- that each individual is an intersection/combination of multiple cultural identities so knowing one aspect only gives us part of their story;
- that as a result it is impossible to know everything about every culture and individual even when we have done research and have experiences;
- that the most reliable approach is not to make assumptions but to solicit from individuals the meaning and impact of culture on their beliefs and needs;
- and that while culture is more than just about race, ethnicity, gender, class, religion, dis/Ability, or sexual orientation, a strong anti-oppression analysis is required to acknowledge and address the pervasive impact of systemic barriers and treatment in society.
How do we contact you?
You can reach us by email at email@example.com or phone at 416 532-6752 during business hours.
Women's Health in Women's Hands Community Health Centre takes pride in working from a prochoice, feminist, anti-oppression framework and ensures that this mandate is a part of all aspects of our entire organization. In order to ensure that this lofty mandate is instilled in all members of staff, management and the board of directors we have enlisted the services of Competence Consultants. Competence Consultants has been able to develop customized anti-oppression training for our organization and deliver it in a respectful, professional and highly interactive manner. They have left us with tools to work with and have facilitated enormous growth in the way that we provide service to our clients as well as understand and communicate with each within the organization. It has been a pleasure wo
Women's Health in Women's Hands, Community Health Centre