Competence Consultants breaks through resistance to change to transform organizational cultures. Below are some of the results of our work:
- Designed a foundational workshop to create common language, frameworks and understandings of issues of diversity, equity, access, inclusion and/or oppression.
- Developed an innovative model and framework for policies addressing issues of diversity, equity, access, inclusion and/or oppression
- Facilitated an organizational process to address client accountability regarding harassing behaviours that resulted in a resource tool for service providers working with clients with mental heath issues.
- Enhanced the climate of a variety of organizations through the implementation of ongoing organizational development processes.
- Developed a cultural competence assessment process for reviewing organizational systems and processes.
- Facilitated a research project to determine the role of volunteerism in the settlement and civic participation of new immigrants.
Women's Health in Women's Hands Community Health Centre takes pride in working from a prochoice, feminist, anti-oppression framework and ensures that this mandate is a part of all aspects of our entire organization. In order to ensure that this lofty mandate is instilled in all members of staff, management and the board of directors we have enlisted the services of Competence Consultants. Competence Consultants has been able to develop customized anti-oppression training for our organization and deliver it in a respectful, professional and highly interactive manner. They have left us with tools to work with and have facilitated enormous growth in the way that we provide service to our clients as well as understand and communicate with each within the organization. It has been a pleasure wo
Women's Health in Women's Hands, Community Health Centre