Competence Consultants breaks through resistance to change to transform organizational cultures. Below are some of the results of our work:
- Designed a foundational workshop to create common language, frameworks and understandings of issues of diversity, equity, access, inclusion and/or oppression.
- Developed an innovative model and framework for policies addressing issues of diversity, equity, access, inclusion and/or oppression
- Facilitated an organizational process to address client accountability regarding harassing behaviours that resulted in a resource tool for service providers working with clients with mental heath issues.
- Enhanced the climate of a variety of organizations through the implementation of ongoing organizational development processes.
- Developed a cultural competence assessment process for reviewing organizational systems and processes.
- Facilitated a research project to determine the role of volunteerism in the settlement and civic participation of new immigrants.
At Sherbourne Health Centre, we have been impressed with Doug and Gloria's approach to workplace training. They collaborate with us to develop and facilitate a stimulating and interesting learning environment that is respectful of our culture and sensitive to the unique needs of participants.
Chief Executive Officer
Sherbourne Health Centre