Competence Consultants breaks through resistance to change to transform organizational cultures. Below are some of the results of our work:
- Designed a foundational workshop to create common language, frameworks and understandings of issues of diversity, equity, access, inclusion and/or oppression.
- Developed an innovative model and framework for policies addressing issues of diversity, equity, access, inclusion and/or oppression
- Facilitated an organizational process to address client accountability regarding harassing behaviours that resulted in a resource tool for service providers working with clients with mental heath issues.
- Enhanced the climate of a variety of organizations through the implementation of ongoing organizational development processes.
- Developed a cultural competence assessment process for reviewing organizational systems and processes.
- Facilitated a research project to determine the role of volunteerism in the settlement and civic participation of new immigrants.
Our management & program staff have particularly benefited from their ability to support the agency's integration of concrete cultural competence strategies in our day-to-day operations.
Executive Director Sistering